Victoria Housing Authority is committed to protecting the integrity of the Housing Programs it administers. As such, Victoria HA encourages the public to report any fraudulent activity related to Victoria HA's Public Housing.
If you would like to Report Fraud, please click here to go to our contact form and briefly explain the report in the 'Questions or Comments' field. All information given will remain confidential.
What is fraud?
Fraud involves false statements, omissions, or actions made with the intent to deceive or mislead, resulting in funds being misused or program rules violated or circumvented.
Examples of owner fraud include:
- Offering bribes to Housing Authority employees.
- Accepting housing assistance payments for properties that one does not own or represent as the legal agent.
- Accepting housing assistance payments for vacant apartments/homes.
- Requesting rent payments from tenants in excess of the amount stated in the lease.
- Renting to relatives without prior approval from the Housing Authority.
Examples of tenant actions of fraud include:
- Not reporting income or total amount of income.
- Subletting a subsidized apartment/home.
- Having a voucher issued by the Housing Authority and another agency/owner.
Should you become aware of any fraudulent activity by a Victoria HA employee, HCV Voucher holder, HCV participant or participating Property owner/manager, please report it to the Victoria HA at 361.575.3682 or click here to go to our contact form and briefly explain the report in the 'Questions or Comments' field. All reports are kept confidential.